Aug 25, 2008

The G-Man Says... Action


Well now that Word on the Street is approaching, I suppose I can slowly begin revealing details to both of my readers: the fall issue of ESR is devoting itself entirely to the spirit of late night television, and this launch will also coincide with the debut of ESR online, where yours truly recaptures the essence of what it used to mean to stay up late and watch a movie, by introducing a movie and making the experience seem vintage. Over the next few months, ESR TV will be releasing new vidcasts of "ESR Late Nite".

Saturday August 23 was spent at our old haunt Center for the Arts shooting inserts for the show: some straight-up to camera, some with wacky vignettes-- all different approaches to capture that late-night feel I choose to preserve. This was the first time in three years I had shot anything of my own, and to say I was rusty (although most of my day was before the camera) was an understatement. Suffice to say, I didn't get as much done as I had hoped, and plan to shoot some more soon. As we get closer to the official launch date, I can reveal some more details then. But for now, I would be remiss if I failed to give my thanks to Susan, David and especially Simon and Jeff (you two guys are natural hams).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...